Yes, you’re right: this post is basically an excuse to use the verb “wrangle” in a title 🙂
However, it’s also to say “yay!” because, wonder of wonders, I’m nominated for a Bloggers Bash Award!
I’m nominated in the Best Pal Blog Award category, the criteria for which is: Which blogger do you want to go to the pub with? Or maybe have dinner with? Who never fails to reply to comments, and has thoughtful things to say. Maybe they encourage the community through weekly challenges or blog parties. Who wouldn’t the blogging world be the same without?
This is so lovely. I’m thoroughly delighted to be nominated. *cue happy dance*
Thank you to Deanna at a novel glimpse, Clare over at Dual reads and T.K. Lawrence at Read It or Not Reviews for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. Please visit their blogs for great book reviews and recommendations.
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add 7 facts about yourself.
- You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
I know I was nominated three times, but I’m just going to do 7 facts, not 21!
1. I love Pixar films. My favourite is WALL-E but I still haven’t seen Inside Out, so that could change.
2. When we lived in Spain I used to run (the weather was more conducive to it as a hobby). My greatest achievement was finishing a half marathon without stopping or vomiting.
3. My knees are now rather creaky so I don’t run anymore.
4. This isn’t too bad because although I can drive, I don’t have a car, so walk everywhere pushing my son in his buggy. When you live in a hilly place, this is darn good exercise.
5. I find TV talent shows like The X Factor rather addictive although my interest usually wanes once we’re past the audition and knock-out phases.
Thank you to Charley at booksandbakes1 and Deanna at a novel glimpse for nominating me for the Real Neat Blog Award. As is becoming a bit of a theme here, it’s taken me a while to get round to responding to these nominations. Sorry. Please check out Charley and Deanna’s lovely blogs to help make up for my tardiness.
1. Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 7 questions the nomination has provided.
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers.
4. Create 7 questions for your nominees.
I’m going to “bend” the rules. To stop this post becoming ridiculously long, I’m going to answer the first 4 of Charley’s 7 questions and the last 3 of Deanna’s.
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
Thank you to Felicia Sue Lynn for nominating me for the Encouraging Thunder Award! Please check out her lovely blog about “books and whatnot” 🙂 She is also taking part in #NaNoWriMo at the moment, so be sure to give her some words of encouragement to keep writing!
Although how long it takes me to accept/do them might suggest otherwise, I honestly do appreciate being nominated/tagged. It’s so nice when other bloggers think of you.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Post the Encouraging Thunder logo.
- Talk about your purpose in blogging.
- Nominate others for the award.
Why I blog:
Initially this blog was something for me to do after I finished writing my first novel, Art and Soul (hence the name of the blog!). I still wanted to write, but I didn’t want to start on a second novel straight away. And I wanted someway of connecting with other writers and readers while I was submitting my novel to literary agents. Basically, I needed a distraction! 🙂 And maybe, one day, I might be able to use the blog to tell you all I’m getting published… *sigh*
I’ve been amazed by blogging. Mostly by how friendly and supportive the community is. All you seem to hear about in the media are trolls and other unpleasant characters lurking under the virtual bridges of the internet. But I’ve been lucky enough to “meet” some genuinely lovely people. You’re all funny, creative, witty and eloquent.
And I’ve also been surprised by just how much I enjoy blogging and that I’m still doing it! I wasn’t sure how long I would stick with it. I might have to scale back the amount I post if I ever want to finish my second novel, but I wouldn’t stop entirely. Besides, blogging is a great excuse for searching through Dr Who images… 😉
I’ve tried hard not to nominate anyone who has already accepted/been nominated for this award. So apologies in advance to:
Sarah @ The Country Bookworm
Tori @ Book Dreamer
if you’ve already done this one. Feel free to ignore the nomination! 🙂 But, if you have time, it would be great to hear more about why you blog.
Thanks again to Felicia Sue Lynn for nominating me!
Claire Huston / Art and Soul
I was delighted to be nominated for The Creative Blogger Award by Calliope The Book Goddess and Tori at Book Dreamer. It’s taken me ages to write this post. Please help me make up for my uselessness by visiting their wonderful book blogs! 🙂
• Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
• Share 5 facts about yourself.
• Nominate some bloggers in return and notify them about their nomination.
• Keep the rules in your post to make it easy for everyone to know what to do.
5 Random Facts about Me:
- I love a bargain. Any kind of bargain. Finding great books in charity shops for 99p or less is a particularly enjoyable one.
- I’m definitely a tea rather than coffee person. If I drink coffee it has to be so full of milk and sugar it doesn’t taste of coffee. Which is ridiculous. Easier to have tea!
- While I usually like to receive quite impractical gifts, this year I’ve asked for a stand mixer as a joint birthday-Christmas present. Sounds dull, but it’s going to make baking a lot easier. I might start trying to make bread…
- I’m not very good at Twitter. I’ve only been using it a few months and I’m still not sure I’m using it properly! That said, if it weren’t for the BBC’s breaking news feed I would probably miss out on most of the big things going on in the world.
- Wednesday is my new favourite day of the week. Partly because I take part in WWW Wednesday (hosted by Sam at Taking on a World of Words) and get recommendations for future reading from lots of brilliant book bloggers. If you enjoy reading, please join in! And also because of #1lineWeds on Twitter. Each week writers share one line of their work in progress (it has to fit in a tweet) following a theme (which changes each week and is announced in advance). If you’re a writer, I encourage you to take part. Everyone is really supportive 🙂
That’s it! Thank you again to Calliope The Book Goddess and Tori at Book Dreamer! I won’t nominate anyone in particular, but if you fancy receiving this award please consider yourself nominated and let me know when you publish your post 🙂
Claire Huston / Art and Soul
I’m slowly starting to make my way through my tags and nominations. Sorry for the delay!
Thank you to Amy at Curiouser and Curiouser, and Alicia at Caffeine and Books for nominating me. This is such a lovely award and getting your nominations made my day!
Also, being the Beautiful Blogger Award, it’s a top excuse to use this gif:
One for the Whovians there. You know who you are 😉
To make up for how long it took me to respond to their kind nominations, please everyone check out Amy and Alicia’s wonderful blogs and their great book reviews.
- Link to the blogger who took the time to nominate you.
- List seven random things about yourself.
- Nominate seven creative, beautiful bloggers and notify them (I’m going to cheat here)
Seven random things about me:
Wait! There’s more. Click for the my random facts.
I was tagged for the Pastry Book Tag by three lovely bloggers: Erika, Simon and Ashley. Thank you for the nominations and sorry it’s taken me so long to do this 😦 To compensate in some way for my tardiness, please visit their fantastic blogs!
The Pastry Book Tag was originally created by Writing on a Vintage Typewriter.
1. Croissant: Name a popular book or series that everyone (including you) loves.
Wait! There’s more. Click here for the rest of my answers!
Thank you to Yvo at It’s All About Books for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I really like the badge and I hope it will cheer up what is turning out to be a very grey, wet and un-summery day…
- Thank the people/person who nominated you.
- Write a post featuring the award button and answering the questions from your nominator(s). They will have nominated the same number of people as questions they answered (in this case, Yvo sent me 11 questions and nominated 11 bloggers).
- Nominate the same number of bloggers the person who nominated you did and come up with the same number of new questions (so I should make up 11 new questions and nominate 11 bloggers… you’ll see I cheat a bit here).
- Let your nominees know you’ve nominated them.
My answer’s to Yvo’s questions:
1. What is your favorite read so far this year?
Wait! There’s more. Click for my answers and nominees!
Thank you so much to Stephy over at stephysweetbakes for nominating me for the Starlight Blogger Award! Her blog is full of lovely things – the pictures of her baking are to die for so go check them out!
This award was created by Carolina at Yesterday After to celebrate the bloggers who inspired her “through their beautiful and original content, imagery, art, abilities, and wonderful personalities.” How lovely!
Wait! There’s more. Click for my answers, questions and nominees!
Thank you so much to both Vivian over at Outside Hook, Lia over at BookLand, Analee at Book Snacks and Safa at Books Over People for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award! Once again, sorry it’s taken me so long to respond…
The rules for this award are:
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above or the one below – there seem to be two different images).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!