The rules: are simple! Put your music on shuffle and list the first 15 songs to play (no cheating) then tag 10 others to do it as well.
Now. I only have music on my ancient MP4 player which I haven’t put any music on for about 3 years. So if you’re wondering where all the up-to-date stuff is… well, I don’t have any, I just listen to it online.
My random playlist (with links to Youtube):
1. Boys Boys Boys – Lady Gaga (not my favourite Gaga track, but does contain the fantastic lyric: “You taste just like glitter mixed with rock and roll”)
2. It Must Have Been Love – Roxette (I have the Pretty Woman double soundtrack album!)
3. Ready To Go – Republica (I love this. A great “getting ready to go out” song)
4. Got The Feelin’ – 5ive (ah… memories of high school…)
5. Lost In Space – Lighthouse Family (also happens to be a rumba… should you need one to dance to)
6. Mack The Knife – Frank Sinatra (a classic)
7. Tender – Blur
8. Everybody’s Changing – Keane
9. Piensa En Mí – Luz Casal (my Spanish teacher used this song to teach us the subjunctive!)
10. The Bartender and the Thief – Stereophonics (love this one. Great to run to!)
11. Never Be Lonely – The Feeling (not my favourite song by The Feeling… but it’s good)
12. Tenía Tanto Que Darte – Nena Daconte (this is one of the catchiest tunes you’ll ever hear. It doesn’t matter if you don’t understand Spanish – it’s terrific)
13. Great DJ – The Ting Tings (not my favourite Ting Tings song, but a good one)
14. No Me Crees – Efecto Mariposa con Javier Ojeda (I think there’s an English language version out there but it’s not as good as the original)
15. Thrift Shop – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (I’m particularly pleased this turned up as it never fails to make me smile!)
I tag a bunch of lovely writers-bloggers-people (I know the “rules” say 10, but I’m going with 5):
- Simon (he features a top tune on his blog almost every day so I’m sure he can do this!)
- KJ (have I mentioned that KJ’s book – EVO Shift – the second in her EVO Nation sci-fi/urban fantasy series is coming out on March 1st? I have? Oh well, just checking you were paying attention 😉 You can currently get the first book in the series – Evo Nation – for free!!)
and… you! If you would like to share some of your music with us, consider yourself tagged! Make sure you let me know when you publish your post so I can check it out 🙂
As always, please don’t feel like you have to do this tag. I’m the worst at getting round to replying to tags and nominations so I completely understand if you don’t have the time to do this!