It was a lovely surprise to be nominated for a Liebster Award by Teafunny over at Daily Dose of Reality. Thank you!
I haven’t been blogging for very long and I’m still not 100% certain what I’m doing, so it was wonderful to be recognized by someone far more experienced with a lovely blog (which you should all check out). Not sure if I’m doing the following response to the nomination correctly, so apologies in advance!
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers as a way to recognize and/or discover new blogs.
THE RULES (as passed on from my nomination, I think they can vary…)
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate (insert your own number here) other bloggers,
who have less than 200 followers, and link them.
- Create new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
- Celebrate this achievement.
- Stay motivated and keep blogging.
My questions to answer:
1. What is your favourite quote and why?
I honestly don’t think I have one. Although I do remember that my last primary school teacher wrote in my leaving book a good one from Robert Browning: “A man’s reach should exceed his grasp.” I’ll just take it that “man” was Mr Browning’s shorthand for people of both genders… <cough, cough>.
2. And your favorite word? Is there a reason it’s your favorite?
There are too many in English, so I’ll pick one of my favourites in Spanish: libélula, which means dragonfly. I just love the way it sounds!
3. What time of day do you write blog posts? Why is that your time?
Whenever I get a spare minute! Usually when my toddler is napping in the early afternoon and when he’s gone to bed in the evening.
4. What type of blog posts do you love reading? Which type do you love to write?
Mainly posts about food, books and writing.
5. Coffee or tea, and why?
Tea. I’m English. The whole coffee shop phenomenon didn’t explode until I was in my late teens and by then I was already wired for tea.
6. Hardback, paperback, or ebook?
All three for different reasons. Ebook is great when you’re going on holiday and can’t carry heavy books. Hardbacks look beautiful on a shelf. Paperbacks are trusty friends and I like looking for them in charity shops and second hand stores.
7. If you could go anywhere in the world, one place, where would you travel? Who would join you?
I think I would go back to the Maldives. We went there on honeymoon and it was so beautiful. I always thought the photos were doctored, but no. It’s just that amazing. And I’m very happy to say I would take my husband again! 😉
That’s enough of my ramblings! My nominations:
Nipperandtyke: funny posts about children, and beautiful crafty ideas.
Naomi and Me: for posts about trips out in London and lovely recipes to enjoy making with children.
Life With No Plot: for great book reviews.
Questions for my nominees:
- Why did you want to start a blog?
- What’s the best thing you’ve seen on TV/at the cinema recently?
- If you could go anywhere on holiday, no expense spared, where would you go?
- Did you enjoy any of the books you were forced to study at school? Did you have a favourite?
- And finally, if you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Thank you again to Teafunny for my nomination and to everyone who reads my blog. To my nominees: participation is voluntary but if you choose not to accept your award please try to pay it forward another way 🙂